Community Conservation Partnership Programs
The personal safety of Brisbane residents and visitors is Brisbane City Council’s top priority. Council is working closely Queensland Health and Australian Government and is guided by these agencies on all matters of public health.
Utilising Queensland Government’s Roadmap to Easing Restrictions, Council has adopted stage two to easing restrictions for bushland restoration activities.
Brisbane Creek Catchment groups and Habitat Brisbane group leaders have received COVID-safe Work Procedures. These outline measures Council recommends you implement to ensure safety of volunteers, Council staff and general public – recommendations can be found on KBCB’s Facebook page, or please feel free to request a copy of recommendations. If you have any questions or concerns, contact your Creek Catchment or Habitat Brisbane Officer.
The following are a summary of key recommendations:
- Best practice hygiene and social distancing must be practiced during working bees or other activities – we want you to stay safe and for your catchment group to be a model for Brisbane community.
- Groups for working bee or other volunteer activities are limited to a maximum of 20 people.
- volunteers on a site must sign-in to a working bee or activity record Form – these should be available to your Creek Catchment officer at short notice if requested.
- If you plan to hold a working bee or other activity, please inform your creek catchment officer.
- If volunteers socialise before or after working bee, food must not be shared; volunteers must stay at least 1.5m apart
- Hand tools should not be shared (see attached Guide for more information about tool management).
If you or any of your volunteers are in any of following higher risk categories, please refer to Queensland Heath website and consider your own situation before deciding on participation in volunteering activities.
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over chronic medical conditions
- people compromised immune systems, and
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years and over.
Council will continue to advise you of any changes to restrictions / work procedures as they occur.
We appreciate this has been a challenging time for everyone. Thank you for your patience and ongoing dedication to environment and natural areas of Brisbane and Brook!